Thursday, February 2, 2012

Current Event 2/2/12

GROUNDHOG DAY

The article I chose was about groundhog day. Every groundhog day Punxsutawney Phil predicts if we start spring or have six more weeks of winter. This year Phil said he saw his shadow so we have six more weeks of winter. Last year, spring started at this time, and in 2010 winter became longer. Many of the bystanders thought spring would be near because of our warm winter but they were wrong.

I chose this article because today is Groundhog Day and I wanted know what Punxsutawney Phil said. I am glad we have six more weeks of winter because I never really got to enjoy the snow. It makes me wonder why we even have this tradition and why we let a groundhog decide for us. What will happen next year? We have to wait and find out.

1 comment:

  1. It's 28-Feb-2012 and the temperature outside is 45 degrees F and Sunny. Could Phil have been horribly wrong?

    ReplyDelete